Saturday, January 01, 2005

Anticlimax

Quick! What did Ray spend New Year's Eve doing? If you answered "Throwing his own sexy party," then you are officially an awesome person. However, you'd also be wrong. If you answered "cleaning the house," then you are either omniscient or happened to be online at the right time. I spent last year's beginning doing pretty much the same thing, although I don't feel nearly as bummed about it this time around. I think that's a symptom of either long-overdue and unlikely maturity or weary resignation.

However, I did get my entertainment regardless. I had dinner with my dad earlier in the evening at a Chinese-owned sushi joint (as far as I can tell, the Chinese restaurant proprietors in Montgomery County don't even observe *Chinese* New Year), and there's something to be said for having sat at a sushi bar and been served by a sushi chef who was among other things 6'6", German, and into the Beastie Boys (that was apparently on his CD player in the kitchen). On top of all that, the man slices a mean fillet of salmon.

Resolutions? I resolve to not make any resolutions. Here's to setting realistic goals. =o)

pb78

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home