Friday, April 21, 2006

He's back! Hide your food!

Holy crud! It took me less than a year to post again! Fortunately this means I won't have to do so again for another year, because it will be approximately that long before anyone sees this, I'm sure.

So what has happened during the Year of Latency? I got one year older (although not until June) and a little bit less mature. I also surmise that I have been dwelling in a small crevice in the dirt beneath a damp moss-covered rock for the duration, because the marshmallow Peeps phenomenon seems to have passed me by like a Kevin Costner movie. These cute little birds have wormed their (mostly) organic little bodies into a firm nest in pop culture consciousness, it seems, and yet the first time I'd ever been in the physical presence of a Peep was two weeks ago. It's not that I'm out of touch, I don't think. I just don't have any idea what goes on around me.

What else happened during the Year of Latency? Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes proved that absurdity is an infinite sliding scale. There's always room to raise the bar just a little bit. Having said that, T&K getting a little bit weirder fascinates me in the same way as G. W. Bush mispronounciating a word that doesn't exist: I cringe a little bit when it happens, but somehow I'm more surprised if it doesn't happen.

In other news, as of 9:30 am today I am temporarily giving up fried chicken. Yes, you did read that correctly. This is not necessarily a health-conscious decision, this is merely a voluntary test of my iron will. I feel that subjecting myself to psychological trials and tribulations such as this will ultimately be better for my body, mind, and soul. And boy, will that fried chicken taste good when the trial/tribulation ends at 11 am this morning!

So if you're still reading this, I've been honored to (barely) entertain you for the last 14 seconds. I will try to do so more regularly from now on. Although when I was 6 I also tried to fly by leaping off the top of a jungle gym from an altitude of three times my height.

pb78

2 Comments:

Blogger sangeet said...

you know, I really was going to impose a "at least once a year posting" requirementfor my linked blogs... now how am I going to delete you? ;) Just kidding, glad to see a post.

6:06 PM  
Blogger pandabear78 said...

You could simply implement a "Not a Jerk" requirement. No amount of posting from me could change that. :)

pb78

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home